Monday, June 20, 2005

Canned thoughts and answers


Yesterday while doing street e and talking to people, for once I decided to shut up and listen to the conversation, to think about their what i speak about and their reply. The money chase is very real. The need for acceptance is very real. Feelings are real.

I realised that things are not acadamics anymore, their feelings and problems are real and so my answers need to be. I don't want to give canned and unthought through answers anymore. I don't want to be like Job's friends who gave very sound and theologically correct answers but grossly missed his point.

Lets not speak as if the words spoken are more important then the people at the receiving end. Its not about apologetics, its about needs. We can do everything but if we have not loved, we had done nothing.

So I guess works without love equates pride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home