Sunday, October 12, 2008

Image of God

Another funeral. This makes the third one I attended this month. Many thoughts just popped in as I stayed overnight; the most impressive one should be when I sneaked a peek into the coffin when no one is around and there lay Auntie May. So yes we are created in the image of God and therefore this shapes the believer's value of humanity, but when do we begin to be "made in the image of God" and of course when do we cease to be an image of God? From dust we come, to dust we will eventually revert. Now this understanding bears a huge weight (and maybe even the definitive) on arguments about Abortion and Euthanasia where the believer talk about pro-life or pro-choice and defining death.

Was just talking to Ewen over msn about this issue and thought that next time I would want to preach at my parents funeral for I believe that its my parents' desire to see people come to know Christ as their personal savior. Like what Ewen said, me too can't believe how people can go to funerals and leave unfazed by the seemingly random unpredictability of what life is. And that only in Christ do we find the answer in the believer's assurance of destiny.

On hindsight, the last minute decisions to stay over at the void deck while pushing back doing my assignments... I kinda like the spontaneity of it all, if this is what God wants me to do as ministry, I really don't mind. Maybe its a package and this all comes with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home