Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Loving God


When I came to think about it, actually it doesn't bother me so much if i'm loved by you or not. I guess love is not about the getting but rather about the loving. Love is the only thing that defies reason. If there is any other reason other then love itself it wouldn't be love.

I'm enticed by your beauty. How you painted the skies; How the ocean looks. I've seen so many of them and yet I know that all those that I saw cannot compare to who you are. You are far more beautiful then all these. How can a creation be more beautiful then its creator. I'm very much contented just to sit around and marvel at your grace and holiness. Sitting around and marvel at how you promised me a "forever with you". When you say forever, can't you see you've already captured me.

I have grew to discover that all that I really need is you. Truly, all that I have is all that I badly wanted. All that I have is all I badly needed and all that I have is yours, all that I am is yours. When you give you really did gave in excess. I dare say that I am never in need.

When love is about the loving then being loved in return would be a bonus. In fact, love only makes sense when I love for loving sake. That very act of being loved in return is beyond what I wanted and that is what you have given me. I hold on to the promise that I'm so loved by you. I guess this is what people call faith.

When the patriarchs of the old testament obeyed and followed God, note that no promise of love was given to them. No Jesus to die on the cross and proclaim that love. And yet they understood God's love. Why then is that so. Is there something that we are missing out?

---
I guess this is a answer from me to my previous post. This is from what I understood about love. I understand no more than this. This may seem like I'm skirting the topic but if this is true then I forsee this big chasm of thought that I can't cross. I guess sometimes its just better not to think. Ok I'm crawling back to my shell again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home