Sunday, June 04, 2006

Never ceasing

As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing to pray for you. And I will teach you the way that is good and right. (1 Samuel 12:23)

Samuel was always concerned for the children of Israel. For Samuel, beside his primary ministry to Yahweh, his ministry focus is to the Israelites. He is to be a faithful mouth piece for the Lord delivering the Word of God to all Israel. Failing which, he regards as failing what he was called to do and thus sinned before Yahweh.

Now, there’s nothing particularly wrong about not praying, but as a leader am I being faithful to my calling and my responsibility? Will I able to say the same thing as Samuel did in the face of constant failure by children of Israel to recognize Yahweh’s sovereignty? Will I give up in the face of discouragement?

Like Samuel, our primary ministry is to Yahweh. And while our ministry focuses may defer, let us minister and grow before the Lord just like Samuel did for we are called to minister before the Lord first before we minister to his people. Far be it from me that I should minister to people with an empty cup. I have nothing to offer as such.

I shall not cease in praying for the ministry that I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home