Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Seek and sougth

You know how numerous times we are reminded in the gospel that God is in search of us, that he came to seek and save the lost. I think this truth puts everything in perspective for us.

In the midst of our struggle to walk righteously in obedience to the God, sometimes the struggle becomes so intense that it compels us to think that we are looking for Him but we find out later that he has come in search of us as well. The genuine seeker after God will find out that he too is being sought by God.

The more deeply we enter into the mystery of Christ the thinner the line between joy and suffering becomes. For me sometimes I’ll have to think twice to realize whether what I’m feeling is joy or sorrow. Once the heart is surrendered, I guess the only important question becomes if I am doing God's will. Whether it brings me personal happiness or sadness is no longer of primary concern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home