Friday, August 12, 2005

Theatrical Expressions



These are six pictures from Cebu. They really reminded me how much I love photography and of course, they also reminded me of my lazyness. "No time" and "No money" are my over-used excuses. Hahs.

I figured that there are two kinds of photographers. One is graphic inspired, the other is emotion inspired. The graphic one's paradigm is that the composition is paramount while for the emotion photographer, capturing emotion is paramount.

A good photographer needs to be fluent in both languages. Both elements contributes to the time a person's eye will spend a photo. A cripple in either side does not deserve to call themselves a photographer. Oh yes photography is fun, everybody can do photography but not everyone can be photographers. If anyone who thinks that they are just because they have a camera and a copy of photoshop, then they are grossly wrong. They are the ones that pulls down the stardard. The same thing for design. I really hate people who calls themselves graphic designers just because they know photoshop and can manipulate stuff. They are the ones that pulls down the stardard. Thats why designers and photographers work their ass off for some bread and butter.

I am the graphic one. Although I really love photography (as in how moments are freezed to be remembered), I don't aspire to be a photographer because I find that my pictures somehow lack the emotional standard. I find it easy to composite elements for a good photograph but somehow I find it difficult to capture emotion in my compositions.

I don't consider myself to be a photographer. I'm a graphic designer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know much about photography. but one thing i know : those photos are BEAUTIFUL! liked the shawdow one especially.. :)

Saturday, August 13, 2005 10:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home