Friday, December 16, 2005

Prayer Realised

OH WOW this is what i have been praying for since the start of the year! There is power when people come together with one mind and one direction. Thats the power of worship in a fellowship of people who are determined to seek God! OH WOW, i guess thats the only two words that can come out of my mouth when i reflect upon the time at youth camp. What a good rap up for the worship year. Got back tired, sick and with a swollen elbow but with a very encouraged soul. Encouraged by the worshippers' worship, not the high itself but the sight of people desiring God.

I really treasure my DG group and the times we had together. I particularly loved their transparency with each other and with me. This caused our sharings to end like half an hour more then the time allocated. I'm so encouraged by hch and samuel by just the guesture that they want to worship and serve God with all they have got. Hearing samuel share with me his share of hurts and pains that he can't forgive himself of is like the one of the most honest sharing i ever heard for quite awhile. Seeing hch worship God is like the most valueable sight i could ever remember. Teaching this group really make me remember the reason as to why i treasure being a DGL at camps and retreats so much that i wouldn't trade it for anything else.

I went to the camp with two objectives, one is to really know and impact my DG group and the second is to really spend time with Joseph coz it was really very very long since we last caught up with one another. I really treasure the god-given times where i get to clean up the canteen with Joseph. I think what really bonds us is when we are serving together. Its these times that presence means alot more than thousands of words spoken (at least to me). Somehow when we are serving as a team we really get pleasure from doing the task to the best of our ability. I really treasure this unique relationship.

There was this time at the last night (i think its around 3plus in the morning) when i laid down on the concrete slope to watch the stars by myself. Oh wow what a beautiful sight it was! The dark and star lit sky really reminded me about how small i am and how big God is and that all we can do when we witness his work is just to stand in awe of his majesty. I think i laid there praising God (sliently of course) for about an hour or so then dosed off because it was so peaceful under the stars and awakened later by the cold wind to go back to the dorm.

What i really stressed to my DG in this camp is that worshiping God is a decision made because of how worthy he is, and not how comfortable we are. I figured that its really easy to serve, worship, leading and obey when all is well, but what happens when all is gone and serving, worship, leading and submission becomes a big huge sarcifice in the fullest sense of the word. I guess this is the period of time where God is teaching me what sacrifice really means as i realised that the older i am, the more things i accumulated, the more things i had to give up. And it hurts like mad because now I make choices with the full knowledge of their consequences. Theres are very heavy price to pay for serving God but there can be no worship without sacrifice and God made that very clear when he sent Jesus to the cross. It really hurts but now i rather live my life on the edge and in the center of God's will. It still really hurts thou. Sometimes i really wonder why did God bring me so far and lifted me so high just to take it away from me ... but then the same thing happened to Abraham and he didn't complain ... I really really pray that i will not fall for the things of the
secular world no matter how attactive and tempting they are and that they will never hinder me from serving God with all that i have and all that i am.

Anyways, God answers the prayers of his people! From the start of the year we have been praying for a change in culture of the ministry. Now i can really see God realizing it! Wow how cool lah! I also recognize that the hand of God upon the ministry is essential to the granting of our request before the almighty God. And when the hand of God is upon the ministry, it’s a valuable experience. Let’s not take that for granted for it’s a privilege to serve God and be his people.

---

You are derserving, of all the praises Lord
My heart is yearning, to be in your presence once more
Deep inside my heart is yearning, i want to know you more
Coz you'r the only one that i adore

How great you are, How great you are
You are the mighty king, and you came to reign in me
How great you are, How great you are
I give you all the praises of my heart

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sacrifices are never easy. Can sense the heaviness and sincerity as you shared. will cover you in prayer yeah! :)

Friday, December 16, 2005 11:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home